The High Impact Initiative Health & Well-Being and the Process and Data Intelligence Unit carry out joint research and technology development on innovative knowledge based systems in the health and well-being domain.
The purpose of FBK’s Tenure Track program is to offer high level professionals the opportunity of pursuing a structured career path in order to become tenured researchers and contribute to the long term strategy of the organization.
Within this framework, the center for information technology of FBK (FBK-ICT) is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated, independent researcher in the field of knowledge- and natural language processing- based intelligent systems and techniques with a particular emphasis on their application to the Health and Well-being domain.
The successful candidate will contribute to the design, implementation, and deployment of articulated AI based platforms and applications, that will exploit knowledge based techniques in different domains and with different goals:
- encourage and support citizens in the improvement of their lifestyles with AI based solutions;
- support patients in the self-management of chronic conditions;
- support healthcare organizations with the intelligent discovery, analysis, and monitoring of clinical pathways;
- support healthcare organizations with smart systems for the analysis of structured data and unstructured textual content.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Write journal articles, conference papers, and research reports, presenting them at the relevant scientific meetings and conferences;
- Develop AI based software tools that that will exploit knowledge based techniques in healthcare systems;
- Manage part of the development team from both the strategic and operational perspectives;
- Participate in fund raising activities and in the preparation of bids for national and international competitive tenders.
- PhD degree in Computer Science;
- Solid background in semantic-based knowledge technologies, information management, natural language processing, and computational intelligence (fuzzy logic, evolutionary algorithms, and neural networks);
- Background in business process modeling;
- Solid track record (major conferences and top-ranked journals) in publishing in the field of semantic-based knowledge technologies, information management, natural language processing, and computational intelligence;
- Proven experience (at least three years) in developing and adopting research prototypes in real-world scenarios;
- Experience in applying knowledge based techniques in e-Health systems;
- Oral and written proficiency in English.
- Solid computer programming skills;
- Good architecture design capabilities;
- Teamwork approach, good communication and relational skills.
Type of contract: Tenure Track position leading to an FBK 3rd Level Researcher (R3) permanent contract. The maximum duration of the Tenure Track contract is 5 years (which may be reduced depending on the assessment by the Committee of the candidate’s capacities and skills). If the final assessment of the Tenure Track experience is positive, the selected candidate for the tenure track position will be offered a permanent R3 contract;
Gross annual salary: about 38.100€ plus objectives achievement bonus;
Working hours: full time;
Start date: early 2018;
Workplace: Povo, Trento (Italy);
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation, social security, etc., reduced bank account opening fees, public transport, sports facilities, language course fees. Further details at www.welfarefbk.info.
Candidates are required to submit their applications by clicking on "apply now" at the bottom of this page. Please make sure that your application includes the following attachments (.pdf format):
1. Detailed CV including a publications list
2. Statement of Research Interests
3. A list of three professional references (e-mails and phone numbers)
Application deadline: 20th of March 2018
Please read the Recruitment Guidelines and Tenure Track FAQ before completing your application.