The “Smart Community” unit is a high impact initiative of FBK, aiming at exploiting the research results of the Foundation to produce significant and sustainable impacts on territory, market and society in a systematic and proactive way. SC aims in particular at experimenting new modalities of service delivery to citizens, innovative communication modalities between citizens and government and new forms of collaboration and participation.
The application areas for SC include smart mobility, environment sustainability, on-line services, citizen participation and education. SC is currently involved in several research and innovation projects, in collaboration with other research units of FBK, as well as in product maturation and experimentation activities in the cities and territories of the Province of Trento.
More information about the SC Unit is available at http://www.smartcommunitylab.it.
FBK is opening a position for a system administrator. In particular Smart Community is searching for a profile able to manage the entire infrastructure of the unit, to support the deployment of the platforms/services developed within the unit and related projects and to perform help desk activities with respect to the users of the services.
A general understanding of systems administration in terms of networks, firewalls, DNS, virtualization, servers, backup, security, system and software application monitoring and performance tuning, and relevant best practices, is required. The profile will be involved in the management of the hardware and software used within the project. Finally, the profile will be involved in the technical management of the collaboration and community tools exploited by the project (forum, wiki, team working and bug tracking systems, mailing list, web site).
Profile of the ideal candidate:
- BSc/MSc in Computer Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent degrees)
- Knowledge of one or more of the following technologies/tools:
- Apache / NGINX configuration
- Virtualization solutions (Docker, Kubernetes, …)
- Amazon AWS and/or Microsoft Azure cloud infrastructure
- DB administration and tuning (RDBMS, NoSQL solutions including MongoDB, Cassandra, …)
- Microservice architecture and technologies (Netflix OSS, Spring Cloud)
- PaaS solutions management and administration (e.g., CloudFoundry, Heroku, OpenShift)
- Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, Beat)
- Application and infrastructure monitoring tools
- DNS management (via Web interface or BIND)
- SSL certificates
- Authentication technologies/standards (e.g., OAuth2.0, SAML, Shibboleth, OpenAuth, …)
- Participation in research project / development projects concerning smart cities and communities
- Oral and written proficiency in Italian and in English
- Team work attitude, good communication and relational skills
- Problem solving and planning skills
Number of positions: 1
Type of contract: fixed-term contract
Gross salary: between 25.600 € and 33.350 € per year (based on the candidate’s profile)
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation, social security, etc., reductions on bank account, public transportation, sport, accommodation and language courses fees. More info at www.welfarefbk.info.
Duration: around 3 years, starting in March 2018. The start and duration of the contract depend on the approval of research projects that support the position.
Workplace: Povo, Trento (Italy)
Candidates are required to submit their applications by clicking on "apply online" at the bottom of this page. Please make sure that your application includes a detailed CV including relevant past experience (.pdf format).
Application deadline: 27th of February 2018
The position is subject to project fundings.
Please read the Guidelines for selections before applying.For further information or technical issues regarding the application, please contact the Human Resources Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.