The High Impact Initiative Smart Cities and Communities and the Distributed Adaptive Systems Unit carry out joint research and technology development on purposeful and motivational game design and construction. Our mission is to explore the potential of games in mobilizing communities of citizens to tackle real world sustainability challenges.
The areas of research investigation include:
- Game design;
- Procedural content generation;
- Player type models and personalized game content;
- Developing applied motivational games to demonstrate and conduct research.
The research activity will aim at the investigation and development of innovative solutions for the development and execution of motivational games. In particular, the activities will focus on the following topics:
- Design and development of models, techniques, and tools supporting dynamic and personalized game content generation;
- Participation to the design and development of a Gamification Framework for Smart Cities that covers the entire game lifecycle and is extensible both in terms of game concepts and of provided functionalities;
- Participation to the design, development and management of motivational games and gamification initiatives targeting different users’ groups and sustainability challenges;
The activities will be carried out within the scope of the EIT Climate-KIC SMASH Project and of the other research projects undertaken by the DAS unit.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Master degree/Phd in computer science, mathematics or related field;
- Solid theoretical background and software development skills;
- In-depth previous experience in one or more of the following areas: game design, procedural content generation, artificial intelligence for games, player modelling, game analysis and game studies;
- Experience in management of research activities in R&D projects;
- Capability to work in a project-oriented manner, with a strong commitment to achieve assigned objectives.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment;
- Oral and written proficiency in English;
Type of contract: fixed-term contract
Working Hours: full time
Number of positions: 1
Gross salary: about € 33.300 per year
Start date: Spring 2018
End Date: 31st of December 2020
Benefit: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation, social security, etc., reduced bank account opening fees, public transport, sports facilities, accommodation, and language course fees. More info at www.welfarefbk.info/
Candidates are required to submit their applications by clicking on "apply online" at the bottom of this page including the following attachments (.pdf format):
- Detailed CV including a publications list
- Statement of Research Interests
- A list of three professional references (e-mails and phone numbers)
Application deadline: 21st of February 2018