The scientific activities of the “ARES” unit are focused at developing new energy systems and technologies based on renewable sources, for multi energy generation, particularly for distributed energy applications. The main fields of research are those of concentrated solar power and of hydrogen storage and fuel cells and redox flow batteries.
FBK is one of the most renewed research stakeholders at European level in the small-scale concentrated solar power. It is full member of the European Energy Research Alliance. At the same level in the topic of hydrogen storage technologies, where at EU level is member of research grouping N.ERGHY within the JTI FCH.
The research position offered concerns the study of electric power delivery systems and renewable energy technologies. The candidate will take part in scientific publications and provide support to ARES in both European and local projects.
The research position offered concerns the study of electrical systems and technologies, particularly applied to the following topics:
- Design and modeling of electrical distribution grids in high, medium and low voltage, as well as performing electricity markets analyses. The study will aim at identifying and developing flexibilities required to enable the energy transition to high share of renewables, focusing in particular on the optimization of the cross-border electricity exchange by creating a cross-border energy market
- Assessment of electrical energy efficiency in ski resorts
- Design and modeling of charging infrastructure for electric mobility
- Design and modelling of electrical storage systems
The ideal candidate should have:
- PhD/MSc in Electrical, Electronic or Energetic Engineering or equivalent technical discipline
- Strong know-how on electric power delivery systems and electricity market analysis
- Strong skills in modeling electrical systems. In particular, practical knowledge on modelling transmission and distribution lines is desired, as well as some experience on electrical market analysis
- Experience in using software for solving optimal power flow, economic dispatch and unit commitment problems would be an advantage
- Technical skills on technology design of charging infrastructure for electric mobility and electrical storage systems
- Some practical experience on electric circuit design and construction is appreciatedAbility to write scientific publication
- Ability to write scientific publications
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English and Italian
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, with a strong commitment to achieve assigned objectives
- Skills in problem solving, self-motivation and result orientation
- Good communication and relational skills
Type of contract: Fixed Term Contract
Gross annual salary: 33.300 € - 38.100 € depending on the profile of the successful candidate
Working hours: full time
Start date: Summer/Fall 2018
End date: Spring 2021
Duration: 2,5 years (30 months)
Workplace: Povo - Trento
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation, social security, etc., reductions on bank account opening fees, public transportation, sport, language course fees.
Application deadline: 10th of July, 2018
Candidates must submit their application by clicking "apply online" at the bottom of this page.
Please make sure to enclose the following documents with your application (pdf format):
- Detailed CV
- Motivation Letter
- Email address contact for two referees
This position is subject to project funding.
Please read the Guidelines for selections before applying.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Services at firstname.lastname@example.org