Microsystem Technology Group is seeking a young researcher to be included in a team focused on the development of low cost RFID for a wide range of applications (e.g. smart cards). The ideal candidate should be passionate about new architectures and design of RFID devices and related electronics. Moreover, s/he should have a strong desire to implement new ideas and validate them. A previous experience in the design and testing of RFID devices is required.
- Work together with a team of highly skilled technicians and researchers developing and integrating high performance fabrication technologies for low cost RFID, designed according to the project needs;
- Review of state of the art (e.g. publications in journals, conferences and patents).
- RFID design by using technologies for flexible devices;
- Build a demonstration setup and device testing.
The Ideal candidate should have:
- Master degree in Engineering or Physics and PhD in related disciplines (e.g. Material Science, Telecommunications, Mechanical or Electronics Engineering or similar).
- Experience in materials and technologies for RFID;
- Knowledge of electronic devices and fabrication processes, and associated packaging techniques for RFID;
- Knowledge of RF modelling and CAD software;
- Prioritization, time management skills and capability to adapt to dynamic environments;
- Teamwork approach, good communication and relational skills;
- Excellent Italian and English language knowledge;
Type of contract: Fixed Term Contract
Work hours: full time
Gross annual salary: about 38,100€
Start date: February-March 2018
Contract Duration: 12 months
Workplace: Povo, Trento (Italy)
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation, social security, etc., reduced bank account opening fees, public transport, sports facilities, accommodation, and language course fees. More info at www.welfarefbk.info/
Candidates are required to submit their applications by clicking on "Apply Online" at the bottom of this page, including the following attachments (.pdf format):
- Detailed CV, including the names of 2-3 referees (names and emails)
- Cover Letter specific for the position
- Research Statement
Application deadline: 31th of January 2018
Please read the Guidelines for Selection before completing your application.
For further information or technical issues regarding the application, please contact the Human Resources Service at email@example.com.