IRIS Research Unit carries out R&D activities on advanced radiation and image sensors fabricated within both full custom and standard CMOS technologies. The main research activities of the group are on the design and characterization of silicon radiation detectors, single-photon sensors and advanced image sensors.
More information about IRIS is available at http://iris.fbk.eu
The successful candidate will work primarily on the development of highly innovative CMOS sensors targeting i) image sensors with single-photon detection and ii) multispectral hybrid sensors based on Graphene-on-CMOS.
The candidate is expected to follow the entire development flow in a cooperative and structured team, starting from the modeling of the detector to the definition of the sensor architecture, from the design and simulations of the circuit schematics to the chip layout, and finally taking care of the electrical and functional characterization of the fabricated devices up to the module level.
These activities will be carried out in the framework of private cooperations with companies and institutions in the context of integrated sensors for single-photon detection, and within the EU flagship “Graphene”, Core2 (http://iris.fbk.eu/projects/graphene-flagship) for the development of integrated arrays of THz/MIR detectors. The activity will be carried out in collaboration with other researchers involved in the relative projects. Finally, the candidate is requested to actively contribute to the scientific dissemination of the group.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Master degree in Electronics or Physics;
- Strong background on microelectronics, IC design, and device physics;
- Very good background on image sensors design and characterization;
- Good skills on IC design tools (Cadence and/or Mentor Graphics);
- Good scientific background and ability to write scientific papers;
- Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written);
- Strong teamwork attitude;
- Capability of independently carrying out assigned tasks;
- Enthusiastic attitude to research activity.
- PhD in Electronics, Physics or related fields or equivalent 3yrs research experience;
- Experience on functional test of image sensors;
- Experience in IC digital design, VHDL, FPGA;
- Good skills on LabView and/or Matlab, C++;
- Scientific publications relevant to the field of image sensors;
- Visiting scholarship or experience at international level;
Type of contract: fixed term contract
Working hours: full time
Gross annual salary: from about € 33.000 to € 38.000, depending on the titles and the experience of the candidate
Start date: January 2018
Duration: until December 2019
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation, social security, etc., reductions on bank account opening fees, public transportation, sport, language course fees.
Candidates are requested to submit their application by clicking on “Apply Online” at the bottom of this page. Please make sure that your application contains the following attached (pdf.format):
- detailed CV and list of relevant scientific publications
- letter of motivation
Application deadline: 8th January, 2018
New Application deadline: 22nd January, 2018
Please read the Guidelines for Selection before completing the application.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Service at email@example.com
The position is subject to budget approval.