The 3DOM research unit (Centre for Information & Communication Technologies - ICT), deals with metrology and geomatics research issues. 3DOM has developed different metrology and 3D modelling methodologies using and integrating terrestrial, UAV, aerial and satellite photogrammetry as well as triangulation and time-of-flight active sensors. The successful candidate will conduct research in the field of image- and range-based 3D modelling, with particular attention to aerial and terrestrial photogrammetry, geospatial data processing and visualization.
More information about the 3DOM unit is available at http://3dom.fbk.eu.
3DOM is looking for a researcher with good knowledge in reality-based 3D surveying and modelling using imaging and ranging data at terrestrial and geospatial scale. The candidate will work on the processing of terrestrial and aerial image data or point clouds for 3D documentation and modelling purposes, segmentation and classification as well as mapping applications. The candidate is also expected to perform data acquisition in the field with active and passive sensors, explorative and scientific research tasks in the photogrammetric field, sensor characterization as well as support management and dissemination activities within international project activities.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Master degree in Geomatics;
- Advanced knowledge in photogrammetry and laser scanning data acquisition & processing;
- Knowledge of reality-based 3D modelling and visualization software;
- Informatics knowledge applied to image and 3D data processing;
- Participation in international projects and research teams;
- Ability to work autonomously;
- Oral and written proficiency in English;
- Self-motivation and result orientation.
- PhD or 3-years experience in research institutes or R&D-oriented companies in the field of Geomatics, Geoinformatics, Robotics, Computer Vision;
- Scientific publications;
- Flexibility and adaptability.
Type of contract: Fixed term contract
Work hours: full-time
Benefits: company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities and for accommodation, social security, as well as reductions on bank account, public transportation, sport, accommodation and language courses fees. More info at https://www.welfarefbk.info/.
Start date: middle of September 2018
Duration: Until Decembrer 2019 (this period can be extended upon availability of further funding).
Workplace: Povo, Trento (Italy)
Candidates are required to submit their applications by clicking on "Apply online" at the bottom of this page.
Please make sure that your application includes the following attachments (pdf format):
- detailed CV with clear specifications of past experiences and R&D activities
- motivation letter
Application deadline: 27th July, 2018
Please read the Guidelines for Selection before applying.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Service at email@example.com.