CREATE-NET (Center for REsearch And Telecommunication Experimentation for NETworked communities) has the objective of combining high-level research in the computer networks and telecommunications sectors with innovative experimental field work. One of CREATE-NET’s main goal is to continue increasing the internal focus on research & innovation, leveraging on the developed know-how to stimulate the transfer of new technologies to the market.
More information about the Center is available at http://create-net.fbk.eu/
The Wireless and Networked Systems (WiN) research unit at CREATE-NET is seeking a Post-Doctoral Researcher to advance the group vision on 5G systems. The successful applicant will contribute to the 5G Initiatives at CREATE-NET and will be responsible for carrying out systems research in the areas of Mobile Network Architectures, Network Orchestration and Virtualization, Mobile Edge Computing, and Self-Organizing Networks.
In addition to a strong publication record in the wireless and mobile networking field, the successful application will be required to have deep knowledge of mobile communications networking with a specific focus on, experimentally driven research, network virtualisation and intelligent self-organizing networks.
- Perform system research on software-defined 5G systems, network orchestration and virtualization, mobile edge computing, and Self-Organizing Networks;
- Synthesizing wireless systems that combine novel design elements in both hardware and software;
- Drive the research of younger research fellows, including co-advising Ph.D. students;
- Support the unit in the acquisition of new funding;
- Support the unit in the execution of existing research and industrial projects.
The ideal candidate should have:
- PhD Degree or equivalent, in Computer/Network Engineering, Computer Science;
- Evidence of experience in the preparation and management of European Projects;
- Evidence of teaching experience and of supervision of PhD and Master students;
- Evidence of academic professional activity (TPC, editor, etc.);
- Research experience/track record in the field of wireless and mobile networks (experience on D2D communications and/or vehicular communications will be considered a plus);
- Research experience/track record in the field of SDN/NFV and Mobile Edge Computing;
- Experience and working knowledge in cellular communication technologies (3GPP/ETSI); including communication protocols and systems analysis;
- Software development experience with the following languages: C/C++, Python;
- Time management, planning, and development skills;
- Accuracy, flexibility, proactivity, and goal orientation;
- Teamwork approach, good communication and relational skills;
- Fluent in English (both written and oral).
- Experience in proposing new research lines and driving the research activity of younger research fellows, including co-advising Ph.D. students;
- Experience as coordinator of EU-funded Research and Innovation projects, or as Principal Investigator of industry-funded projects;
- Strong reputation in the specific research field to enhance the international network di un senior researcher.
Type of contract: Fixed Term Contract
Work hours: full time
Start date: October 2018
Duration contract: 24 months
Workplace: Povo, Trento (Italy)
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation, social security, etc., reduced bank account opening fees, public transport, sports facilities, accommodation, and language course fees. More info at https://www.welfarefbk.info/.
Candidates are required to submit their applications by clicking "Apply online" at the bottom of this page, including the following attachments (.pdf format):
- Detailed CV, including a list of the 5 more relevant publications (published) and the names of three referees,
- Cover Letter indicating why the candidate is suitable for this position,
- Research Statement explaining which research lines the candidate plans to pursue and how they will be implemented (funding, etc.).
Application deadline: 27th August, 2018
Please read the Guidelines for Selection before applying.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Service at email@example.com.